Parenting tips: how to teach children healthy habits
Parents are role models for children.
Habit formation starts in children from childhood.
If the parents follow healthy habits, it will more likely become a habit for the children.
To teach children healthy habits, parents need to adhere to some specific #parentingtips:
Parenting tips: how to teach children healthy habits:
1. Make physical activity part of daily routines.
Parents need to be active and should spend at least an hour in physical activity.
2. Merely running, jogging and exercise can be tedious and monotonous for children.
Find some fun activities that they like to do. For example, swimming, sports of their choice, riding bikes, dribbling a ball etc.
3. Good parenting involves children in family activities. For example, walk with your children to the market, wash the car etc.
4. Planting and weeding in the garden, cleaning paintings and decorative pieces at home, and resetting wardrobes are some of the things children enjoy doing with their parents.
5. Parents can plan some sports activities for children and their friends. Arrange activities like a bike ride, jump rope, dance, skating etc for children.
Most related post Parenting tips: Aware Your Teens On Drugs Addiction Role Of Parents In Building Self-Esteem In Children Children Follow Their Parents: Parenting Tips For Becoming Role Models For Children Parenting Tips Why Should You Prepare Your Children To Face The Failures In Life Parenting Tips On How To Inspire “Patriotism” In Children. Inculcate 10 Healthy Habits In Children
6. Sometimes plan some group activities like playing indoor games or dancing with neighbourhood and relatives.
7. Take your children to water parks and sports clubs to try different games.
8. Encourage children to play in school and participate in other activities.
9. Limit television and computer time and do not let your children use them in their bedrooms.
10. Sometimes due to bad weather, a busy schedule, being tired and health issues, you cannot encourage or plan physical activities. At such time, have some other options to stay active. For example, purchase some sports equipment at home, joining sports clubs where children can go on their own etc.