Parenting tips to involve your Children in Family Customs and Culture
What are the family customs and rituals and why they are essential?
Family customs are the unique practices which a family alone does. These practices are the identity of the family.
These customs may be handed down from their parents, grandparents and relatives.
Those customs and practices are as under:
1. Celebrating religious and cultural festivals.
2. Having dinner all together
3. Listening to soothing music in the morning
4. Playing a sport at the weekend
5. Visiting a specific place on some particular day of the week
6. Sharing the daily experience at the dinner table
7. Writing diaries
8. Also travelling once or twice a year
9. Celebrating achievements and essential days like birthdays, anniversaries
10. Watching favourite sports or TV series or movie
11. Greeting each other every morning
12. Parents should encourage children to see their grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins who live far away. They can talk to them by phone or send letters and emails.
13 Invite relatives and grandparents to stay.
14. Meeting new people and getting involved.
15 Prohibition of physical abuse and hurt.
These customs may be anything which all the family members enjoy and have a common interest.
How does family custom and culture affect child development?
These practices strengthen the relationship between the members of the family. To perform these practices family members have to communicate with each other. Healthy communication is the key ingredient to nurturing affection among all.
Connections, communications and love between the family members create a strong family bond.
A family is where you get emotional and physical security.
A family is a place where one can relax, can talk to anyone without being scared or anxious.
The Family accepts and understands you even when you are angry or overwhelmed.
He/she develops the ability to explore the world without fear. In addition to this, the child knows that whenever he/she needs comfort and support and protection, the family will always stand by them. Good communication solves many problems.
5 Best quotes to be successful in life
Parenting Tips for raising daughters
Parenting Tips for Building Caring Family Connections
How to stop being Self Critical
An interview with retired couple-Part 2
You must log in to post a comment.