Parenting Tips: Make your teen aware of drug addiction.
Is Ishaan there?”
“Yes, he is in his room! Upstairs”
“Call him. It’s been four days I haven’t seen him.”
“wait I’ll call him,“ Said Ishaan’s mother to Ishaan’s father and went to Ishaan’s room upstairs.
She was in doubt whether Ishaan would come out of his room or not?
“Ishaan, please come out of your room! Papa wants to see you“.
“Okay! I am coming“ said Ishaan tiredly.
And it was three hours passed but Ishaan did not come out of the room and when he came, he just went out of the house.
We can see such situations many times at our house. When kids are growing up, such conditions are quite common.
There is nothing to worry about in this situation.
In such situations, we should not leave the kids/teens alone because it is an apt time to give correct guidance from parents.
If they are not getting proper guidance, that may lead to harmful situations.
Sometimes in such situations, life is also spoilt.
So parents should never think that children don’t need them.
Children do need their parents. Parents can deal in different ways for giving the right way to lead their life.
Parents will have to deal with the children as per the children’s requirements.
Just think of the situation where your friend is wearing a ring on your ears and nose and is having a weird hairstyle, eating habits, and nightlife, and you have to adjust with your friend.
You must be feeling under pressure in such a situation.
Similarly, the kids feel the same pressure.
There are many such things that they do under the pressure of their classmates and friends.
Things have changed a lot. There are many circumstances where parents have to deal with their kids. And the kids need to be protected from certain conditions with which they can get affected.
But, they should never stop helping the kids to come out of such situations as only parents can understand the condition of kids/teens.
Consumption of alcohol, cigarettes and inhalants by children is a primary concern of parents.
They start consuming dangerous drugs at an early age.
Consumption of such harmful drugs and alcohol is hazardous to their health.
This affects physical growth, mental growth and performance in school.
The primary reasons behind the consumption are:
1. Dopamine is the hormone which increases the feeling of happiness in the body. Anyone who consumed drugs feels high or low, depending on the level of this hormone. In addition to it, as time passes, there are some changes in brain activity. The effect of dopamine decreases, and then kids tend to eat more of such drugs. To get a feeling of happiness, the kids increase the dose of these drugs.
2. Mental issues could be one of the reasons for depression.
3. Peer pressure, with respect to acceptance in society, is one primary reason for the consumption of drugs.
4. Facing an unwanted or lousy situation in early childhood also causes teens to get attracted to drugs.
Most related post Parenting tips: How To Teach Children Healthy Habits Role Of Parents In Building Self-Esteem In Children Children Follow Their Parents: Parenting Tips For Becoming Role Models For Children Parenting Tips Why Should You Prepare Your Children To Face The Failures In Life Parenting Tips On How To Inspire “Patriotism” In Children. Inculcate 10 Healthy Habits In Children
Similarly, Parents can motivate their Kids by knowing the symptoms and they can talk about various topics with their children.
1. If the child is addicted to alcohol or any drug, they can go for a specific medical treatment. Kids should be made aware of the adverse effects of these harmful substances. If you notice your kids are addicted to drugs or alcohol, check for the warning signs as follows:
– Check for the difference in their body signals.
– Check for proof of their consumption.
– Change in their behaviour with their friends
– Their behaviour at home.
– Change in studying pattern or neglecting studies
2. Ask them about the consumption of these drugs and ask them to express their knowledge of these drugs.
3. Parents can also ask the kids who provided them with these harmful chemicals.
4. Share your thoughts on your worry about these drugs. Its consumption also that it affects the performance of the kid in school.
5. Ask the teen to make rules for the family.
6. If you don’t have a written plan to deal with the kids, make a clear plan with your kids.
7. Make them aware of the drugs and their effects. Drug education is the best way to make kids aware of it.
8. Make your kids aware of the long-term adverse effects of alcohol, cigarettes and inhalants consumption.
9. If you feel the kids are consuming these drugs daily, please do not overlook the situation. The use of drugs is not suitable for health. Regular consumption of these drugs can cause addiction to this.
What can parents do for helping their teens, parenting tips: Aware of teen drug addiction.
1. Learn the adverse effects of the drug consumed by him/her.
2. Ask them the quantity and source of drugs taken by them. You can face a situation where the kids may not be free to tell you the complete details.
3. Consult a doctor or medical supervision for your kids. Early treatment on this will be better for the health of your kids.
4. All the family members should support the teen consuming drugs and should encourage them to get rid of them.
5. Parents should help their children. Parents should not feel low as the kids have a terrible impact on this. In addition to this, instead of feeling weak, parents should become so strong that they may encourage their children.
6. Also, When kids /teens have unconditional support from their parents, the kids automatically want to change for the better.
Thank You for reading the article, Parenting tips: Make your teen aware of drug addiction. Please share your views and let me know how you liked the article. Share it with your friends.